View Single Post
Old 2009-03-19, 14:27   Link #335
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
The "study in contrasts" remark about Clannad was aimed at "the first season was almost as funny as school rumble". I remember that when the first season was still airing, there were lots of comments along these lines: "don't compare Clannad to Kanon because Clannad is meant to be a school life comedy, not a tearjerker"... that was the impression people got from Season 1, and Season 2 showed how wrong they were.

Anyway, back onto topic (Toradora) and sorry to steal your lines, but... IMO, nobody is better than Tenori Taiga... ichiban desu! As much as I like Clannad, the Clannad girls were "extreme examples" of stereotypes: pureness (Nagisa), silliness (Fuuko), moe-ness (Kotomi), shyness (Ryou), etc. On the other hand, Taiga's appeal is a whole lot more than her being a "tsundere".
I can't disagree with what you said. The Clannad girls are very cliche but I still love fuuko. (isn't this something like the starfish vs big dango family argument?) they will have to share top place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, much as I like Clannad (or Kanon, AIR, etc); their characters are examples of extreme archetypes (even if well-executed). Toradora comes closer to presenting somewhat realistically complex individuals with a variety of attributes, conflicting self-motivation, and so forth. It is just the differences in the nature of the source material and the genre.
yes, the toradora characters are as close to real as you would want in an anime. we've seen alot of character development especially with Taiga and Ami. Ryuji still suffers from TSLCD (typical shonen lead character disease)