View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 17:10   Link #4807
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, it's pretty much the same, if not worse. At least GE was aware of its shounen theme, and knew that even if it makes no sense Seiji needed to end with Yuki because otherwise it would be like he was running away from his "real feelings". Ichigo's author didn't know even the basics of writing a shonen manga, and it shows in the fact that Manaka got together with Nishino out of a misunderstanding. He was running away when he thought Aya had a boyfriend, he was being a coward (just like Seiji when he got together with Shou) but, unlike GE, the story in Ichigo never had Manaka overcoming that cowardice. I'm not saying Manaka getting together with Nishino didn't make sense character-wise; it made sense, they have good chemistry. The issue is that it was written in a way that goes against the theme of the genre.

GE's problem is execution at a character level, but at least the author never forgot that the relationship with Shou was the easy way out for Seiji, and that's a no-go in a shounen manga.
No but I don't care about shounen cliché theme. All I want is an interesting story. Futhermore, I'm talking about the writing here not who the main chara end up with. In the end, I'm sorry but for example this ast chapter is the epitom oif bad writing. Serioulsy, it makes you laugh intead of feeling happy.

Shou is the easy way out ? Not really, at frist she rejected him, then he fell in love with Yuki, then they brok up and Shou and him fell in love (during a short period). The mangaka could have end the manga here. It would have made sense and we could have Utsumi and the other helping Yuki without him falling in love with her once again.

Intead of that, the mangaka made Shou the easy way out not so long agao, when Utsumi realized once again (lol) that he loved Yuki. And after that, a lot of crap chpater with so many cliché events to make the UtsumiXYuki believeable once again (and of course, with so many cliché event, it sucks)