View Single Post
Old 2007-04-05, 23:06   Link #277
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

*Cough* This show needs its own subforum *cough*

Not because I'm terribly impressed with it (I'll get to my opinion of it in a sec), but because, since the first ep aired two days ago, this thread has had ten pages worth of replies. IMO, that sort of popularity demands a subforum (cos I hate having to wade through all the clutter in a single thread, when it'd all be better organized in a subforum). But enough of me telling the mods how they should do their job (they're probably way ahead of me anyway).

Ep 1.

Intriguing. I dig the medieval setting and the art style. The animation and action isn't terribly brilliant (a little underwhelming considering what Madhouse is capable of), but it's tolerable. There's enough to the characters that they can build on them (including a little hint of Clare's backstory), but they're not super-interesting. I dig the tone of the series as well... as someone (I can't remember who) said earlier in the thread, if Berserk is black, this is grey. I like the prospects for this series, but it's too early to make a call on it. My big fear at the moment is that it'll burn a significant fraction of its first half on yoma-of-the-week.

What I'd like to see from Kaioshin_Sama: I'd like to see you just watch the series beginning to end... no ifs, no buts, no excuses. Just watch it. Even if it kills you. And only comment on episodes after you've seen them. And make somewhat of an effort to watch the episodes as soon as possible after they're released. That's what I'd like to see. Kaioshin_Sama's commentaries are just as valuable as anyone else's but I have big problems with them when he crosses that line between speculation on the first few chapters/episodes and turns it into full-blown complete-judgement immovable opinion. The problem with this is, as the anime evolves, the opinion must also evolve to match it. And, I'm of the opinion that, you can't do this unless you follow the anime... and you can't properly follow the anime unless you actually take that 25 minutes a week and watch it. So, this is my challenge to Kaioshin_Sama... watch the anime and then comment on it. No excuses... just do it. I have a suspicion that it'll turn out to be a rewarding experience for all involved.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote