View Single Post
Old 2008-03-11, 23:55   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Added to that, he seems to have possibly driven Blackbeard away during their encounter some 10 years previous to the current story (Shanks received the injury, but Blackbeard had to retreat (it could have been a battle where Shanks crew helped to fight Blackbeard, but One Piece has a fairly one-on-one style fighting, so I doubt Shanks crew would have helped)), and Blackbeard is possibly of a similiar level to Whitebeard (I still think that Whitebeard is the "top", but Blackbeard and Shanks are not too far behind).

I can not really comment right now. While I believe Kaidou is strong, the fact that Moria felt that adding Odz to his arsenal would help him to equal Kaidou, might mean that Kaidou is not that much stronger than Moria. So I felt that Kaidou would be around the 650-700 million range (to over simplify, about twice Moria's bounty). I do think that Kaidou is above Shanks, but I guess that we will find out in the next year or two .
We still don't know what really happened after Blackbeard scarred Shanks and this is why I really hope Oda does show us a flashback between these two. So far, however, there is more evidence to suggest that Blackbeard did win in his fight against Shanks because Shanks stated that he wasn't careless in his confrontation with Blackbeard and yet he still got severely damaged. Blackbeard, on the other hand, appears to have no injuries whatsoever. As for Whitebeard being at the top, it is only a matter of time until someone puts him in his place.

Regarding your second paragraph that I quoted, what do you mean exactly that you think Kaidou is above Shanks? You've estimated Kaidou's bounty to be around 650-700 milion, whereas Shanks you've estimated to be within the 800-850 million range. Do you mean that you think Kaidou may be stronger than Shanks?