View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 14:32   Link #81
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
What do you actually expect from a slice of life series about 4 school girls? Really ..
In this case? For me to start calling it anything other than average and par for the course week after week? I don't know, something that I can point to and say, "yes this defines the spirit of K-On and it's characters". I think it's been mentioned before that there are a lot of these kinds of shows, especially the 4 girl troupe kind, so I'm just looking for something beyond it being the most extreme moe series out there. Any show can make itself on a foundation of having lots of moe and wacky characters engaging in wacky antics nowadays, and really there's nothing specifically wrong with that at all, but for me it's not enough. Meaning that seeing Mio in a maid outfit in an over the top sequence or a shot of her straddling a pillow is not likely to make me give the nod to a K-On episode as exemplary and warranting of a rave review any time soon. Quirky stuff it all is, but really if that's all the show has to offer right now then sorry, but I'm looking for a little more before I let this be anything more then the latest Summer Anime Featuring Girls Engaging In Wacky Antics (tm).

Though here's something to chew on. Maybe if I can be given some reason to care that all of these antics are being engaged in by the K-On girls specifically........like as in an upcoming episode that grants them some distinguishable personality beyond their moe traits, then by the time we get back to the moe antics I'll have reason to care and lose myself in it more.