View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 14:59   Link #184
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

And so!
Now I've seen Macross SDF entirely (36eps), together with the movie DYRL, and I skipped quickly through FB2012.

I am absolutely sure of one thing: even if I hadn't know about the outcome of the Love triangle, I would still have liked Misa better.
I had always imagined Minmay as girlish and sweet, somewhat mischievous/playful and even a bit superficial at times...but I wasn't prepared to confront a fickle, capricious, and seriously immature Minmay to be sincere ^^;; Ironically, my 'image' of Minmay, before watching anything, coincided exactly with how they've made her into in DYRL, but not the series.
That said, I was reconciled with her character in the movie, in which she was proven to be stronger and gentler, so nice and lovely!!! ^^
Same goes for Hikaru, in the series, he dragged out his feelings for Minmay far too long, in the end it was almost pathetic ^^;; While in the movie, the confidences in his actions and words really made my heart skip a beat! When he clearly stated to Misa that she was the one he wanted to spend his life with and that he was absolutely sure of his own feelings, I couldn't help gleefully tearing up....
My one critic is that I didn't like the line "You still have your songs", to Minmay, which is pretty much what he told her in both the movie and series. For me, this is the kind of line that sounds as awful as "We can't be lovers, but let's be friends!". Minmay lost her chance with Hikaru by her own fault, she didn't value him enough until it was too late; still, to have her 'dismissed' with an "you'll be fine on your own, you've got your songs" made me cringe...

On the whole, I can say that I am very VERY happy I finally watched it all: my comprehension of Macross World is a lot cleared now and that just reminded me just how nice the 80/90 anime were, it really was another generation...I suddenly feel very old aha~

Macross Frontier sure seems a lot more childish in many aspects compared to SDF, even though the characters are more or less the same ages. But I guess this is this century's anime generation 'style' somehow?
I wonder if Ranka will get a Minmay-like make over in the movie too, making her character less helpless and more confident in her acts and decisions? *and then a moving SxA final to wrap it all up, with a more mature and cuter Sheryl that is, please drop the diva act in front of Alto! :P*

On another note, do you guys have more information about Hikaru and Misa's fates?
I read online they got married and have a baby girl, but from where are these information from? Was it animated?

Last edited by cutesherry; 2009-11-10 at 15:11.
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote