View Single Post
Old 2008-04-02, 12:18   Link #16
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Characters: 5/10. I'm sorry, but the majority of the cast were pretty damn static throughout. Only the meisters had any real development whatsoever and the rest of the cast was more or less there from the beginning as cannon fodder. Furthermore, why is it that we get the most development for a character right as they're about to DIE? Well gee, does it matter by that point? No. Granted, Lockon fucking rocked, Ali is a DAMN fine villain for being one of those unique people that DON'T want to blow up humanity or conquer the world. Sure the guy's an asshat, but at least he's not some emo philosophically off the deep end whacko like your typical gundam villain (Just about every single post UC villain goes here except Treize and Une) Oh, and Alejandro Corner...BAD TREIZE RIPOFF. VERY VERY BAD TREIZE RIPOFF.
I really think you need to put a little more thought into your responses rather than calling characters 'asshats' and what not. Given that this is the first season of the show, many things are suppose to be left unanswered. I'm sure that most of it will indeed be reflected upon in the second season.

Your fascination with Wing perturbs me. I'm sorry, but Wing was not the epitome of all Gundam shows, and your correlations of this show with that are impossible. Alejandro was not a Treize ripoff. Treize was all about chivalry in battle and what not. Corner, clearly is not. Corner is only concerned about eradicating Celestial Being and making things the way he thinks they should be.

Quote:
Overall 8/10...excellent at its good points, but when you step back and wipe your tears from those that went bawling over Lockon's death or Daybreak's Bell at the end there, it has its flaws. Although they're nowhere NEAR as blatant as GSD's reused animation (YES SHINN, DO A BARREL ROLL WITH STELLA DYING IN YOUR ARMS), just about everything G00 doesn't do well it does rather poorly on, albeit that's few and far between. Wing and SEED have this thing edged out IMHO. As for Destiny, its effort at continuing a story were valiant, but god damn it, it just seemed like the producers didn't care about it as much as they tried milking the CEverse.
Lockon's death wasn't nearly as dramatic as it could have been, but it sufficed for his character. And again, you go with the Wing comparison. Sheesh, please give it a rest or try arguing it a little more, because you are looking very very foolish like you always are.

Quote:
As for season 2, I really want to hear...

"DYNAMES, MOKYO NERAI UTS!" some more.
Please refrain from utilizing a language of which you have no comprehension of. You just make yourself look like a retard. If you must use it, at least get the romaji right:

「デュナメス、目標を狙い撃つ!」
Dynames, mokuhyou wo nerai utsu!

Now, I suppose I'll voice my opinion.

The only real problem that I had with this series was the music. I was looking forward to Kenji's arrangements for this soundtrack, but I was very disappointed to learn that there wasn't much new with it. He used the same song on several occasions, and while this did fit the bill in some cases, on it's own it didn't really do well for the album. I was happy that they utilized Daybreak's Bell for the final ending theme because it fit the theme of the ending much better than Friends did. Neither the OP nor the ED for the 2nd coul really sat well with me, but that's just because I didn't like the meaning of the songs.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote