View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 06:33   Link #20
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
What you essentially wanted to say is that it is easier for Israel to justify a preemptive strike against Iran when Ahmadinedjad is elected instead of Mousavi.
Its not like Israel was much less radical then Iran. If one only thinks about the settling politics and the actual settlers (who would turn very violently against their own country when forced to give up their settlements).
Honestly one cannot be very sympathetic with either side these days. There are fundamentalists on both sides. The only thing one can hope for is that things turn out without another war in this region. But when I hear israel's elites talk these days I always get the impression they actually want a major show down asap.
more like
its easier to say "iran is a threat to the whole world" when you have a mad man like Ahmadinedjad at the helm
i doubt there would be an israeli preemptive strike
the over all goal seems to be making the international community get off its ass and deal with iran and its nuke production project
not that i think it would work mind you

P.S
i'm with you on the settlements and settleres
bunch of radical idiots who corrupted the very essence of what zionisem was SUPPOSE to be and are responsible for why its uttered almost as an insult nowadays
but i disagree on one point
true that both sides have fundamentalists
in iran however, the fundamentalists are the ones in power
the settlers are not in power, and are in fact LOSING more and more of what ever influance they have every day
most of the israeli public agrees to the notion of clearing out settlements, using FORCE if neccesery
hell, even the corrent israeli PM just declared that there WILL eventually be a palestinian state (which is something that his own PARTY has always been opposed to)
guess we got obama to thank for that

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-06-16 at 06:53.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote