View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 20:48   Link #290
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well there is no precedent outside of "lol Fate is popular."

I got someone else to translate the sentence Mow Yun wasn't sure of.

"Nanoha continues being the main character like in the previous one, but like in the TV version the worrying, hesitating and being troubled will not be the story's focus for the most part."

He said it has strange sentence structure, but that should be right.

Being the main character in one of Tsuzuki's story just means you're destined to be a necessity towards the final battle. Not like it's some huge importance or anything.
Thanks for the additional translation. I wasn't sure at all if I got it anywhere close to the mark on that part, and that makes much more sense. Also what I get for skimming while at 1 AM and needing to sleep >_>

Though I also think the Wolkenritter and Hayate will get some more screentime. Since Fate had some flashback scenes to flesh out her past, it might be possible that the Wolkenrittter receive some as well. It's also likely that Yuuno will still teleport Fate in, but he won't get any actual fighting scenes, which still makes sense.

I'm also interested to see how they will handle the transition from fighting the book of darkness to completing it to working together against the defense program without the Lieze twins, if my translation is correct. (Text: 劇場版の大きな変更点はグレアム提督とその使い魔の双子が出てこない事。)

This might allow them to give more character development to Hayate, Nanoha, and Fate in this case. (Just a conjecture)

And please, don't take my rough translation as any sort of absolute truth or anything, I'm not confident enough in my ability to defend what I translate if it actually does turn out to be incorrect.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote