View Single Post
Old 2007-08-03, 09:05   Link #1014
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
True, but as I pointed out earlier, Lelouch has been more selfish than just about anyone else, so it's not much of an argument in his favour.
How has he been more selfish? Because he wants to change the status quo so that his sister will eventually be able to live happily ever after? I really don't see how he has been any more selfish than the rest. You can argue that because of his beliefs, hundreds of people have been killed. But let's look at it this way, Kallen is fighting for the sake of her mother, and for that persons sake is willing to kill enemies on the battlefield until japan is liberated. How is that any more or less selfish than Lulu? Suzaku is fighting because he wants to die and because he wants redemption and vengeance, and to do that, he'll kill enemies on the battlefield until he dies/or is redeemed. How is that any more or less selfish? Seriously, how do you measure the level of selfishness in them?

Quote:
And until you can show how Cornelia ordered everyone killed in Saitama, my point stands. Just because she wanted to create a similar situation to Shinjuku doesn't automatically mean that she wanted it to be identical in every respect.
Okay.....so your basic argument is that even though Cornelia was shown saying that she wanted it to be a replica of Shinjuku so as to lure Zero out, she secretly gave orders when off-screen and nobody could see/verify her to spare the civilians if possible? Um...yeah...I suppose that's not impossible, though the chances are low since basically, there's no proof otherwise.

I don't think that this is much of an argument. Even if Japan had been responsible for all sorts of atrocities, it is a very different political entity under occupation from when it was independent. There's no particular reason for people unrelated to a crime to suffer as a penalty for that crime. And without any reason to think that independent Japan acted maliciously, the default assumption is that it didn't.

Quote:
That isn't quite true. The lack of information suggests that the argument in the positive is fallacious, and that the default condition is correct.
So, could I use this quote to support the above argument? Since there is a lack of information about Cornelia wanting to spare civilians and the soldiers 'spontaneously' deciding to kill them, and your argument is in the positive of that, therefore the default condition ie. viewers see Cornelia saying she wants a replica of Shinjuku to draw Zero out, is correct then?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote