View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 02:59   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Not really an Ore no Imouto question, but something I noticed.

Dropped it for a while, and then restarted it. And something I'm completely befuddled about are the prices of these games. I know, it's Japan. But as I was there last semester in study abroad, I didn't see a single game above, say, 7000 yen. Now these were normal games ( aka. Black Ops or Europa Universalis), but are the games that Kirino buys really as much as 9000 yen? And well, why? I'd figure if you compare it to say, Starcraft II, that Starcraft was more difficult to make and demand for Starcraft would be higher than some imouto game. I can't fathom paying over $100 for something like those things.
Visual novels have extremely low volume sales in comparison with the average Big Game.... 5000 to 10000 unit sales would be pretty good. Like any "special niche" product, low volume translates to higher cost per unit.

And frankly, yeah, I've purchased a couple of them but see no reason to add more. For my perspective, its very old technology... I think it'd be fascinating if they took the modern tech of the Dragon Age series and applied it to a visual novel (of course, I joke that Dragon Age *IS* a visual novel... or at least a visual novel RPG... something like Utawarerumono was).