View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 16:04   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Was it? I think Clannad tops LB in length. That is one gigantic game, with every character having their own route. The latter half of the game is even worth a single game by itself.

Key works, while I can't really understand why (I really find it strange), had always been a huge "hit or miss" among the audience. One could cry for a whole week watching Air while the other one goes "yeah, so?" and forgot about it. I expect this will also be the case with LB because it still has the usual Key elements.
Because Key relies on emotional shock value, it's necessary for you to give a damn about the characters before you care about what happens to them. For Kanon 2k2, Angel Beats, and Air, there was little time for you to grow attached to these people. But Air at least got something together. And of course the characters themselves have to be sympathetic and that really varies.

The other problem is that they aren't the most creative bunch and tend to recycle a lot of elements from what I've seen. It can get tiring, and at worst bad Key writing can seem like Moe snuff anime. :S

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews