View Single Post
Old 2014-07-20, 05:02   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroi Sekai View Post
I just mean that there's not much room for actual progressive discussion. We may as well mention this in the seiyuu thread. Expression is fine, but when you state that there are many unsuccessful cases of voicing male characters, it returns to the "well, I liked it" and "you're right, it totally sucked" debate, which rarely ends well. I call it "YouTube Syndrome". We're quite a bit better than YouTube commenters, but all I've ultimately seen are closed topics.

That said, I always love to entertain the possibility of success. If you think we can develop good conversation from the topic, I very much welcome it.
That actually depends on the intention of the posters. If they just want to express their feelings without belittling other’s opinions, I think everything will turn out fine. But if the intention is really to talk down to others, look for arguments, and picking a fight then things will get messy regardless of the topic. A closed discussion in itself is not really a problem, looking at the relative success of threads like “Favorite mecha in Gundam series”, my own “Villians who are truly great and could’ve been great” and many similar threads that relies on subjective opinions.