View Single Post
Old 2007-09-25, 18:42   Link #163
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Not sure if this is the best forum for this, so feel free to move.

I make a lot of animated avatars, and so far i have been using a highly inefficient method, basically advancing a frame and saving the frame as an image from media player classic. This is time consuming, an it is also inaccurate (MPC doesnt capture exactly whats on screen, but kicks backward a frame or even 2 sometimes).
That happens due to the fact that M$'s DirectShow video interface implementation is not frame accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
What would be awesome is if there was some software that let me load in a video file, select a range of frames/portion of the clip, and then have it spew those frames out into a series of screenshots. I am almost positive something out there can do this. Any suggestions (free is preferable)?
VirtualDub has an option which allows you to save a sequence from a video file (either load directly if it as an AVI file, or load it through AviSynth) as images. (File - Export -> Image Sequence)

(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=19 - Good for single frame grabbing - the two links in the post that I linked to)

Sample AviSynth script:
Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\path\to\file.mkv", audio=false)
#or AVISource for AVI files, in that case you can just load them directly in VDub
and just drag the *.avs script file into VDub, select the section that you want to export (by moving with the slider there and pressing "Home" to mark the start of the sequence and "End" to mark the last frame from the sequence - can be also done through the GUI buttons and menus) and voila.

Last edited by martino; 2007-09-25 at 18:53.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote