View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 14:21   Link #54
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thats exactly right. If you watch the scene from beginning to end you will see that Sachiko's behavior changes. She's the kind caring Onee-sama when she tells Yumi that the day is nothing special to her because basically seeing Yumi everyday is special.

But it changes the look and sturn tone was to show Yumi this something she is serious about and that was the best way to get it across. Yumi and Sachiko have times when they misunderstood each other. Being direct is the best way for Sachiko to convey what she expects or wants of Yumi. It was still her being an Onee-sama it just was not the playful side nor should it have been. Finding a souer someone to guide show maturity and i agree thats what Sachiko wants for Yumi and i believe deep in Sachiko's heart she wants Yumi to become Rosa Chinensis as guide others in her stead once she leaves.
I'd have to disagree. Sachiko's being stern does seem a bit out of place. That Yumi takes everything and anything Sachiko says seriously is well known. Being direct is one thing but Sachiko being stern seems a bit out of character in that situation. With a smile, without one or while doing a handstand Yumi would have taken what Sachiko said not one bit less seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgiane15 View Post
Is it just me or am I reading too much? Sachiko has quite a confidence in Yumi, even on their performance of the play. Like she trusted Yumi for everything? There are a number of people that can become a Rosa Chinensis (Lillian is not limited) and if Yumi choose not to be in Yamayurikai next year. Sachiko shouldn't stick her nose in it. Looks like Sachiko planned Yumi's future and making decisions for her. Is she a mother or lover? I agree Onee-sama's do guidance, but isn't Sachiko jumping to conclusion. Yumi may not want to be Rosa Chinensis unless they talk it through. I don't see many conversations between sisters. If she is doing this, there must be some kind of strong bond between them that transcends messages across without discussing it. LOL I'm reading too much. I'll just accept that Sachiko has good intentions and just plain guidance she is doing.
I don't think this has anything to do with Yumi becoming Rosa Chinensis. I have no doubt Sachiko knows Yumi will be Rosa Chinensis due to Yumi's nature and love of her friends in the Rose Mansion. I believe Sachiko expects Yumi to become Rosa Chinensis when she leaves but at the same time Yumi knows this. She would never let Sachiko down by not becoming Rosa Chinensis even if she didn't want to be even though it's clear she does want to do it. Her becoming Rosa Chinensis I think is a non-issue.

I think the point of getting a soeur was more because Sachiko understood why Yumi didn't have one. The reason being that she was so attached to Sachiko that she closed herself off to looking for one. If Sachiko didn't tell Yumi to get one then Yumi would have kept avoiding it and in the process possibly lose possible candidates later on, which she might come to regret.