View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 01:13   Link #352
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, just finished this for the first time. I had been sitting on the game for over a year now I think, 26hrs in up to Hangsha, but the last two weeks I dropped 25 more hrs into it and finally finished it.

Yeah, those endings... honestly I don't know what I'd pick. They're all pretty extreme. I felt for Sarif, he's a visionary and wants to advance humanity and he'd do to himself what he wants to do with others (hence his own augments). But that much 'leeway' with corporations seems to much. Not everyone is like Sarif. That and framing the Humanity Front like that seemed... extreme. He could have tried to push for limited regulations as opposed to the harsh ones Tagget wanted

Tagget does have a point with regulations, it would give checks and balances to the system, and stop things being extreme. But like with Sarif you're putting a lot of trust in those that make the decisions to make the right ones and as seen through the story the Illuminati want to essentially mind control everyone, so can they really be trusted. Ethically I think, Taggets ending was to.. clean, it presented a good front but.. hmmm.

Darrow's ending of absolute chaos, I didn't really consider an end at the time. It's pure anarchy, and doesn't solve anything. Sure everyone knows the truth, but what would the fallout be. It would get the Augmented folks off the hook probably, temporarily, but there would be chaos afterwards for years. Pretty sure wars have started for less.

Destroying Panchaea... seemed like quite the cop-out to me. Passing the buck, essentially. Story wise it did make sense in a way, but its not much better than Darrow's ending. It will still result in the chaos, just that this time people would have no idea what happened. That and I felt destroying Panchaea and killing everyone on it, wasn't exactly fitting the 'Pacifist' Jenson run I had been doing (and somehow missed out on despite only using the stun-gun, tranquiliser non-lethal takedowns and two gas grenades), particularly after I had 'saved' (stunned) the girls inside Hyron.

In the end though, I did go with Sarif, because I find the idea of Augments and cyberpunk stuff to be pretty damn awesome. I just figure that Adam would have helped curtail Sarif's zeal, and maybe push for 'limited' regulations. But whatever... still watched all four endings.

But, in the end, the Illuminati got away, that.. they... are still out there. Still looking to control everyone. The post credits scene, was interesting. Damn Megan *was* in on it.

Well, guess time to play Missing Link now.