View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 16:55   Link #28632
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendust View Post
I mean that like in EP6 where Battler needed to revise on the red truth since he needed to make small changes to his scenario hence by that logic that new red truths can be created as long it does not contradict past ones.
Oh, that. Yeah, that can happen. But once he gives out a truth, there's no taking it back.

Quote:
I always thought that Sakutaro was a symbol for Maria's love for her mother and belief in her mother loves her back as shown that Sakutaro would always try to comfort Maria during her more pessimistic moments as well that Sakutaro tried to save Rosa from the brutal torture that awaited her in the hands of daughter.

At least in EP4, I do not think that Maria could really love her mother anymore. At least in the fantasy scene where Rosa made brutal comments to Maria while being tortured. If you look at it from the perspective that the whole scene is just Maria's fantasy, that basically that she truly believes every negative she suspected about Rosa.

Like mentioned in EP 3 that magic for happiness can only exist if everyone believes in it. If Maria cannot believe in her mother anymore, then there is no magic.
Yes, I agree with you. All I was saying is, it's a matter of how you see things. Ange can infrer from Maria's diary that she was very pitiful, while Maria says she was happy. It's left to interpretation, actually. If you interpret it as Maria being a sad kid who was unloved by her mother, you fill the cat box with that truth and vise versa.

After all, Maria could be happy because she believed Rosa was in a business trip. If she stopped believing, then the magic holding that truth to place crumbles.

Quote:
IMO I think it is both, damage done to brain and to lower half of the body. First that the baby landed on the head then hit something sharp on the lower side when it was falling down. Probably that it landed in pretty fortunate or unfortunate angle.
I am still preserving some reservations as to whether Yasu suffers from brain damage. I think it has more to do with a psychological factor, defined by the upbringing and experiences that play a vital role in an individual's formation (and it's not like Yasu had the most normal ones of either).

Quote:
Your forget the number one truth in Umineko, You should not put anything past Kinzo
OH DESIRE, how careless of me...

Quote:
Wasn't that maybe due to nature of the dress? I am not sure it has been a while since I read the scene.
Yes, that was my point. Yasu says she/he'd be laughed at either way, regardless of the cause being the fact that she wore a strange dress that didn't suit her, or if he was a dude wearing a dress. (Which by the way would somehow kill the moving scene of Kinzo's final words...Oh, well...).

Anyway, the point is, that sentence is put there so as to hint towards both directions simultaneously. I'd really like to know what Ryukishi views his little culprit as, though we're never going to learn. From his interviews, I'd say girl. Though we can never be sure.

Never put anything past Kinzo's creator either.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote