View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 19:55   Link #1
Penn
元帥

Two requests (formerly Anime Without Women and Children)

First request:
I'm looking for some shows where children are not the main focus of the series (maybe one or two main characters under 18, so long as they are not the protagonist), and where women are rarely featured (no romance/fanservice please).
For example, Legend of the Galactic Heroes; one character under 18, maybe some babies and children very rarely seen, women barely around, no fanservice.
I also enjoyed Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files, there was only one kid and his age was a plot necessity.

No, I'm not looking for yaoi. Could be any genre (obviously not ecchi/romance), preferably sci-fi or mecha. This is a hard enough request to fill, so I'm not picky.

The second request:
Anime or manga with a protagonist who suffers from a terminal illness (or if well done enough, just a chronic illness), that is noticeable either from the start or gradually (not completely unnoticeable the whole time). I don't want something where the protagonist is perfectly healthy with a curse or some ability that using too much could/will kill them. Listing shows which I think fill this request very well might spoil some people, so I'll not do it. I don't mind being spoiled myself, though if it's very spoilery you may want to hide it so others are not spoiled.
No ecchi/romance here either, please. Also preferably not a female main character, I'm just not interested.

Last edited by Penn; 2010-01-27 at 21:24. Reason: Added second request