View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 15:28   Link #22
Ray
Garnet

Good episode. Mother Russia (Latrova) makes me proud of being a Russian. I hope she'll be of the few pilots of the Zhar (yay for butchering that pronunciation!) Flight that survive.

Ah, it's always the Georgians and the Kazakhs, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
if Zhar Flight is supposed to be this elite squadron, you'd expect them to have some level of self-respect.
Yeah, they may be elite pilots, but they surely didn't act like it. Ah, brats will be brats, I guess.

Quote:
I strongly expect some of the Zhar Flight kids to get nommed.
Definitely. As horrible as this may be, I'd be more than happy to see the guy who tried to have his way with Inia get nomm'd.

Quote:
Lastly...am I crazy, or was there a little Bilingual Bonus slipped in when Chobi was looking for the PX, 'cause I don't think those Russians were laughing because she was an outsider to mock, but because she was standing right in front of it when she asked?
Yep, there was (the supermarket sign. I'd be willing to bet that it's the equivalent to a PX there). The soldiers said "До завтра", which means "See you tomorrow", and I think that was their way of teasing Chobi about how may spend the whole day trying to find the "PX" even though she's right in front of it. ;p I may be reading a little too deep into that, but I've seen people tease others like so. Their pronunciation sounded a little iffy, but that may be because they were laughing while the said it.