View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 07:35   Link #3
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Now this is interesting. Modern Military vs High Fanatsy Races.

From what i understand from Google Translate, the story goes something like this:

In August 20XX, a mysterious gate suddenly appeared in Ginza, Tokyo where an army of knights suddenly invaded and killing many people. The Japanese government in response sends in the JSDF to fights off these "invaders" and finally driving them back to the Gate in 7 days. This incident becomes known as "The Ginza Incident".

After taking over the Gate, the JSDF sends in a recon group to explore the world beyond the Gate and try to establish diplomatic relationships with the people there. The protagonist is Yohji Itami, a recently promoted Captain in the JSDF who is a member of the recon group sent to explore the world. Along the way he meets a witch, a high elf and a demigod who are part of a resistance against an Evil Empire, the same empire that invaded Earth. While Yohji helps the local resistance fight against the Empire, back at Earth, the nations of world are putting pressure on Japan to share information about the Gate with them....
I'll admit. This sounds like a REALLY interesting concept. It's not something that you hear about happening very often in anime/manga/light novels. It's kind of strange that the most likely course of action (the government sending in the military to deal with the threat) becomes the most original premise for a story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Fun fact: The author of these novels is an ex-JSDF servicemen.
That would make sense.

I frankly think a military officer self insert is much more interesting than a male high school student self insert
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote