View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 20:12   Link #104
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
That sounds interesting. I was thinking about Obito testing Naruto, to prove that Naruto is no better than him. So inside the genjutsu he could have both Hinata and Sakura get killed before Naruto's eyes, to prove that Naruto will become like him eventually. Naruto already lost himself once when Pain apparently killed Hinata. I think that for Tobito not only winning is important but also to prove that he is right, and he was already shocked when he heard that Naruto has changed Nagato, so it's probable he would want to prove his dogma by breaking down Naruto. In this chapter he said that Naruto is very similar to his young self but eventually he'll turn out like him, so maybe he will want to prove it if both Kakashi and Naruto challenge his views of the world while they keep fighting. And if he can't break Naruto that could trigger his conversion to the good side and sacrficing himself to save the alliance from Madara.
Something that surprises me a lot about this manga is that the main villain is never established. First we had Orochimaru but later he confirmed there somebody stronger than him in Akatsuki. Then we had Akatsuki's leader Pain who remained anonymous. Then we learned of Tobi's true colors and his role in the plot's backstory made him a perfect main antagonist for Naruto. Now Madara Uchiha has appeared and I don't know who would be the final (although Madara's backstory makes him more fit to fight Sasuke rather than Naruto).
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote