View Single Post
Old 2010-08-11, 17:09   Link #31
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
And of course, it's not true at all.

Firstly, I now it's incredible but there is not only FPS game in XBox 360. There are, for ecxample, many RPG (RoF, ToV, Fable, Alpha Protocol, FF13, So4, etc...). XBox 360 is a great console with great games.

The Wii is of course not an abomination but a great success and one of the most original console ever made. You have alos great and various game in it such as Nintendo's game (Mario, Zelda etc...) and game such as King Story, Rune Factory Frontier, Monster Hunter Tri, Endless Ocean, Dead Space Extinction etc...

Futhermore, we can say this generation is the best in term of creativity thanks to the Wiiware, XLA and PSN.

In conclsuion, what you're saying is totally false. It's a great era for video games and I can't wait for the new DS.
I will have to disagree, while the 360 and PS3 does have great games most of them are the samey CoD type shooters that have flooded the console gaming industry, then they try to mess with CoD's formula to try and create their own sense of innovation that fails.

JRPGs have fallen in a very stereotypical bunch of cliches told in a different way, while it can be told in a visually stunning and different way most of them fall under the same tropes. WRPGs are now taking BioWare and Bethseda's formula's for success and creating lots of choice RPGs with shooter elements.

However we are only half way through this year and maybe like last years end half we will see new good games but I doubt it.

The only place you can actually see innovation apart from big developers is XBLA.

Wii, I find is that for the most part only the games Nintendo makes themselves are actually good, which are just same versions of their old games dressed up all pretty with a new accessory (motion controls).

But we're not going to stop playing games so that the industry will change its bad habit and the industry isn't going to blow millions away on maybe games so we're stuck in a singularity that until it becomes cheaper to make gmaes we're going to getting dressed up versions of the same games.

I have a good idea for a game where 4 fairytales are retold (Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and Pinnochio), in a gritty way with cartoon graphics (similar to Psychonauts). Each with different play styles, Hansel and Gretel is a Bioshock/Alan Wake-esque atmospheric shooter RPG, with a co-op option where the player can play as either Hansel or Gretel in single or have both being controlled in Co-op. It will need teamwork to survive through the forest to get to the candy house and when you do it turns out that the house is a hallucinogen that takes to confront their personal demons, during their slumber the witch is plotting to sell you on the black market as slaves. In this part of the game you go inside the psyches of Hansel and Gretel as they confront their faults and problems, in the shape of bosses, this part you play individually but in co-op you can give items that are no use to you to your partner to help them.

That is just one part of my idea, Little Red Riding Hood would be a action-adventure hack and slash, Jack would be a 2-D Prince of Persia-esque platformer and Pinnochio would be a choice rpg with adventure elements. Would investors risk their cash in an idea like this? Probably not

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan

Last edited by Cub-Sama; 2010-08-11 at 17:24.
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote