View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 08:15   Link #56
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Actually, girl's A and B should be switched because it was the other way around lol. Remember that Ranka spent her time with Alto first on top of the hill in Griffith Park where Sheryl was just looking for Alto to get her earring back. Alto's interest in the beginning episodes were towards Ranka, although subtle, you could see it.

I agree, most people do like Alto's and Sheryl's relationship because it is mature than that of Alto and Ranka. As for your question, the polls were in the old romance thread and the mods wanted to stop the off-topic postings from everyone so they decided to make another romance thread with stricter rules.
I would have to disagree with you. Alto in the first couple of episodes had no interest in Ranka, and seriously how could he? Just because a guy talks to a girl does not make him romantically interested in her. Its not that it was subtle it just was not there. He treated her more like a friend, and little sister than as a love interest, and even though that is interest it is not romantically charged.

The its not just that Alto and Sheryl's relationship is mature, but it was also mutual, and had chemistry unlike with Ranka. It also might be because of the fact that Ranka just seems too immature to be in a relationship, that and her reliance on Alto is highly unhealthy, and in my opinion is one of the things that help to ruin her character.

Personally though my favorite was Klan Klan(I refuse to use the official spelling) and Michael. Their relationship was one that in my opinion was the most dynamic, and in terms of their behavior made the most sense. You could see that Michael for all of his teasing and flirting really loved Klan, and in retrospect probably only flirted around with other girls not just because he couldn't really do with Klan because of her condition, and was frustrated by it, which is why he pushes Alto in the love department so much, because of his own inability to express his love for Klan.

Also in my opinion KGNE and Macross F love triangles are too different to be compared to one another, and I personally hate that series (adding onto this fact is that in a patch for the game they gave out more control options for the main character, and it turns out that if he hadn't been sidetracked by Mitsuki then Haruka would have never ended up in that car accident, which is one of the reasons why I can't support his relationship with Mitsuki).