View Single Post
Old 2007-11-13, 19:58   Link #159
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
GSD the series is indeed pretty bad, but I dunno... I've been rewatching the compilation movies, and they're actually done quite well, even if there's a hole here and there.
The movies remove a lot of the annoyances of the TV episodes, especially the later ones where it's like half of each episode was just worthless scenes they came up with while taking a dump to fill out the entire episode between the scenes that really matter. No one will ever give those movies a chance since GSD is largely considered a colossal failure among fans, but having translated all 4 of those movies, I can vouch that the dialogue changes were extremely well done. Durandal's megalomania is much more apparent and the Archangel crew's hypocrisy is downplayed quite a bit. Their rationale for fighting is much less selfish in the movie version. And the biggest improvement in my mind is that since Fukuda stated before the movies even came out that Athrun is the lead character, so Shinn's failure to develop as most lead characters in Gundam do is a complete non issue since he no longer has that role.

The movies really did fix absolutely everything they could without altering the plot of the show. It's still not a perfect show, but you can at least watch the movies and not hate it. They even changed some of the repetitive battle scenes.