View Single Post
Old 2009-04-03, 22:59   Link #10
ziggr

This was my favorite season. When my only complaint about this season is "I wish there was more of it," I have to give it a 10.

The art was good: they stayed on-model most of the time. I cringed at only a few art mistakes. I don't know how they managed to afford that on a television budget.

The animation was great. There is little overt action in a show like this, so the few scenes that required animation got lots of attention. I thought Touko's revelation/breakdown was a little over the top, but that scene needed something more than the zoom on her face and the collapse to her knees. I really loved the lighting in the bicycle ride around the Ogasawara compound.

The voice acting has been properly gushed over. Let me add that it's always a little odd to hear Iwakura Lain and Coppola Ana coming out of the White Rose family. Watch with your eyes closed and you'll hear it, too.

C'mon, the Pizza Hut placements were fun! It became a game: "I wonder how they're going to wedge Pizza Hut into this week's episode?" It's like looking for the pie in a Piraro drawing.

My only complaint about this season is that it raced to get through Anata wo Sagashi ni by season's end. We lost the slow, thoughtful pace that made me fall in love with the first season. We lost stories about all the other characters, which made the second season revealing. So really, I wished season 4 was slowed down and split into two full seasons. I want more.

And that's about the clearest compliment I can give a series.

Last edited by ziggr; 2009-04-03 at 23:12.
ziggr is offline   Reply With Quote