View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 07:10   Link #2222
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The complete lack of any form of canonical support?

Seriously Ark, I am done with accepting your theories as fact when you completely ignore any of my queries for canonical support for them.
If by canonical support, you mean actually watching the show, well, the scenes are open to all!

Quote:
Midcrete, the Cradle being made of mana, you keep throwing them around because they help your side of the debate but when push comes to shove they are still theories.
Which you have great trouble poking real holes into. If a theory explains the observations, you better have a very good excuse for denying it.

Or do you think real scientific theories are taken from convenient sources that state things?

If a real scientist is told that the only big weakness of his theory is that he doesn't have previously published literature supporting him, he's going to say "Great! My Nobel Prize is near!", not admit defeat. Heck, even if literature is against him if he's sure of his observations he's going to fight back, and win his Nobel Prize.

Quote:
Find some quote or booklet page stating midcrete is weak and the Cradle is made out of mana, then come back.
Might as well say I don't have it. But that's not a big problem on my side, because I never really counted on them. If they say what I am saying, great. If not, fine. If they say the opposite to what's going on the screen (like Ep7 A's description of DBE), the writer obviously has a warped sense of description.

By the same token though, you have just insisted that what happened was a violation of physics. Since booklet quotes are your acceptable source, please find the quote or booklet page which explicitly says that what happened on the Cradle is a violation of physics. Remember, you can't analyze, use logic, or use observations (your own suggestion). You must use a booklet or concede

Or how about an easier one. Find a quote or booklet page that explicitly says that Type IV drones were present in Ep25 fighting redshirts. I'm pretty sure there are none, but who knows you might suprise me...

Quote:
Wrong analogy. Try this: Place three cans in a row, now grab a gun. Now try and shoot all three cans in one shot. However, your bullet cannot damage the middle can, though it can knock it down. The other two cans need to be penetrated by the bullet.

That is what magic does.
If matter is really one solid block with no gaps between them, your analogy might have a point. Unfortunately, your inability to grasp the true form of matter has clouded your ability to understand why my analogy is carefully selected and your analogy is just that of a 3rd grade student.