View Single Post
Old 2011-06-10, 06:25   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tsuruko getting freaked out and clinging to Anaru made my day
She's always so cool, calm and collected that I never expected to see such a strong and funny reaction from her.

Yukiatsu going after Anaru again made me feel very bad for Tsuruko. I thought he was joking the first time, but it looks like he's actually serious. Their only common point if that they both have unrequited feelings for someone (and it seems to be the only reason he likes her, he thinks they're similar)... not a very good basis for a relationship.

I thought Menma was going to fall into the river again. She is way too airheaded... I'm going to say something terrible here, but I'm starting to think she was simply too dumb to live.

The thought that Jinta might kill himself to join Menma is beyond depressing. That would go against the whole theme of the series (moving on) and would leave a very bad after taste in my mouth, no matter how well done. Not to mention, it'd send a very negative message.

What personally held my attention those past couple episodes is Yukiatsu, Poppo, Tsuruko and Anaru's desire to be forgiven by Menma. We already know why Anaru and Yukiatsu feel guilty, but why would Menma be so angry with them that she wouldn't be willing to forgive them for that? They sometimes speak as if they murdered her (no, I don't believe for a second). Anyway, I'd very much like to see/hear Tsuruko and Poppo's side of the story. Only two episodes left for that...