View Single Post
Old 2011-11-29, 04:00   Link #762
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post

Studios like Production IG, Madhouse, Bones, Gainax etc also make slice of life and moe shows too. Heck, even the hated DEEN and J C Staff diversify much more than Kyoani does (too bad their adaptations tend to fail a lot of the time).
I myself would like to see Kyoto Animation apply its talents to an action-packed show, because I think it has a lot of untapped potential there (Nichijou displays this in dramatic fashion). But I'm not sure why it's so important to diversify to the extent that you hit on each and every genre out there.

KyoAni does certain things extremely well. There's some diversity amongst those certain things. That's enough, imo. I don't see why it's important for KyoAni to do grimdark and horror. I just want it to do more than slice of life/moe alone because its animation abilities are almost wasted if it doesn't do anything beyond that.

Quote:
Guess we are strong disagreement for this . To me, I found Haruhi's sci-fi elements as serious as I did Code Geass's or the currently airing Guilty Crown's sci-fi elements. Haruhi was a slice of life first, drama/sci-fi second to me. Was enjoyable though, don't get me wrong on that.
Of what's been adapted so far (other than Disappearance), I don't necessarily disagree with you.

My point is that this shifts in what is left to be adapted. The Haruhi novels gradually become increasingly drama/sci-fi, imo. Just think of Steins;Gate (its first half vs. its second half).