View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 10:50   Link #48
kari-no-sugata

Banished from beach "heaven", RL returns to bite... and nomnom. In the Muv-Luv universe, "cannon fodder" seems to be an unfortunately appropriate word.

Not much else to say that hasn't been said already, but for once it felt like Yui actually has a real job this episode, which was nice. I thought the "didn't bail-out vs couldn't bail-out" scene was a nice touch, pointing out some realistic practical downsides to melee combat.

[edit] Forgot to add: in the subs I saw there's a small but glaring error towards the end of the "8 minutes of death" discussion. The sub had it as Yuuya saying "So I wont underestimate real combat. I won't doubt the data" when he's really saying "I definitely won't underestimate real combat, [with] the BETA" (the translator seems to have heard "beta" as "data"). This is just a FYI to viewers and not a complaint - mistakes will happen.

Talking of RL biting, I probably wont be able to watch any anime for the next month or so. Wonder what I'll download first when I get back...

Last edited by kari-no-sugata; 2012-08-20 at 11:02.