View Single Post
Old 2011-11-04, 13:13   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Trolling as in fansub drama, or trolling as in inserting out of place in jokes into the subs? Because I've definitely encountered the latter on Crunchyroll, with the added annoyance of the fact its supposed to be a professional translation.

Also, I really wish CR would bring the number of blocking artifacts in their encodes of shows with dark scenes in line with what I've seen in fansubs the past couple years. Blocking is one of those video artifacts that I find very, very annoying.
Moreso the former, but a bit of the latter. It's at it's worst when they're putting their little fansub drama comments in before the episode during the sponsor sections. It's just like who the fuck cares that's watching the show? I'd assume most people are there for the show and not for the fansub group (though sometimes I have to wonder when it comes to certain groups) so I don't understand why some groups try to make it about themselves. I'd name some names, but I'd assume people know the ones I'm talking about and this thread isn't about calling groups out.

I don't know, I see a lot of people defending fansubs still, I mean I guess as long as they get their free stuff nice and easy it's okay, but personally I hate where fansubs are right now in terms of culture and the atmosphere they foster and would rather just go with the group that does the least amount of shit-talking and has the most decent subs, which usually ends up being one of the legal ones like Crunchyroll. Plus some fansubbers insert their own little memes and bad jokes into episodes which frankly is a lot worse than any of the localizations that might occur on the likes of Crunchyroll.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote