View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 14:11   Link #41
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Can you name a few? Seriously, I'm having a hard time remembering any significant war in the past 100+ years based on emotions, and even the few I can recall from antiquity were romanticized after the fact (e.g. The Trogan War, First War of Scottish Independence, etc).
I don't think you'll read about many wars documented for being started for such reasons, but I'd believe emotions probably played a sizable part in the underlying reasons for them. England's fueds with France and Spain for example can be rooted in their historical rivalry and jealousy for one another.

Quote:
No, Tobi's reasoning and thought-process is stupid. He is yet another clear indicator that only idiots seem to get massive power in the Narutoverse (and as usual, the idiots always seem to fuck everything up).
Yes, what he is doing is crazy, but I think its still conceivable. He is obviously being completely irrational, and is apparently overwhelmed by his loss. Irrational people still find themselves in possession of power though (I'm sure we've all heard stories about people's managers/bosses), and as you say, end up fouling things up.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote