View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 16:25   Link #48
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
the general consensus is that one military leader (Agamemnon=Madara) had a desire to start a war, and needed the aid of another (Menelaus=Obito). Upon the loss of his love (Helen=Rin) at the hands of a former ally (Paris/Troy=Kakashi/Konoha), the one desiring war (Agamemnon=Madara) is able to convince his desired ally(Menelaus=Obito) to follow him into war for his own gains. While the war ITSELF was originated from one man's greed/pride/hatred, a key involvement was due to love.
Just gonna throw this here, but even if the whole Helen thing was entirely erased from history, the war would have still happened purely on the "justice of strong", a commonly used notion where the largest force is the one that dictates what is right, thus being able to claim whatever they can get.

Quote:
Bear in mind, he was THIRTEEN when he made those sacrifices. I could barely deal with my best friend dying when I was 13, let alone sacrificing myself and seeing my best friend murder the girl I loved.
Well, you weren't raised a soldier - from that perspective, the world of Naruto is actually a really dark place for ninjas, unlike what it was initially portrayed as.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote