View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 16:48   Link #51
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Can you name a few? Seriously, I'm having a hard time remembering any significant war in the past 100+ years based on emotions, and even the few I can recall from antiquity were romanticized after the fact (e.g. The Trogan War, First War of Scottish Independence, etc).
I wasn't too precise with that statement, it's not world wars or other rational events. In more ancient times, often when an organization is ruled by one person who can actually start a war because of some emotions even if it's irrational.
One could say that Henry VIII started his religious warfare against the pope because of women. Then there's Cleopatra and Marcus Antonius. In history whenever there were leaders with absolute power, who also in ancient times were often quite young (similarily to Obito) there was a chance that they will cause (directly or indirectly) wars because of love or hate. But i guess many will say that it was just a pretense and not the real reason. I would not compare this ninja war to a large/world war in our world, it's more like a war between clans in ancient times, when there were young leaders with absolute power. I mean Obito's side consists of Obito who lost Rin, Nagato who lost Yahiko, Sasuke who lost his family, Sasori who lost his parents, there's no army and no country on that side, they definitely were not some rational actors like the organizations who made war " in the past 100+ years". And funny thing is not even the ninja alliance is since even their leaders believe in prophecies over rational thinking, as shown when Tsunade and the raikage believe that Naruto is the legendary savior so he can't fail and they let him join the war. So it's better to compare it to wars of ancient times, between two cities or clans.

One other thing is that i actully didn't mean literally love between man and woman, it can also be Sasuke's love of his parents and Itachi, for which he wants to destroy Konoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Unfortunately, none of these are plot-holes either, and they can be explained so easily that the author probably wont waste time with even a short flashback, or bother explaining some of them at all for that matter and in fact, I hope he doesn't as the panels can be put to far better use.
Of course if the explanation is broken then it's better to not give any. And i can accept that since overall i like the manga, but as in other cases before when there was no explanation i'll just have a few forum posts about it not being a satisfactory thing. This problem with Obito's personality and character development actually also exists in the case of other Uchiha, the latest example being when Sasuke recently met Itachi and suddenly changes, a mindless killing machine who completely irrationally tried to kill the girl who was healing him and was the perfect servant now became calm and smart leader who wants to discover the secrets behind the events in the narutoverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
To be honest, some of these really aren't even that relevant, as they are almost self-explanatory, like the details of how Madara expected Nagato to survive in a "warzone"(either zetsu clones watching over him and/or the eyes themselves being protection), or how Obito's personality turned into the masked man who fought Minato (this weeks chapter showcaseing Obito's new world paradigm should probably be sufficent for that one).
There's nothing more relevant than how Obito turned into the masked man, so i expect a whole explanation. Sure this chapter gave a good deal of explanation but i think there should be another chapter to connect this to the attack on konoha and Obito's behavior there. It's one thing to kill some random enemy ninja on the battlefield and something completely different to butcher ANBU of your own village, the 3rd hokage's wife, unleash the kyuubi in the middle of the night in a village where there were children sleeping. And finally to kill your own clan, probably including your parents, since Obito also had to have Uchiha parents. Based on this chapter how could we explain that? "Because Rin died now i need to kill my own parents!" And the funny thing is that a good missing link in personality change would be if he killed Kakashi (it would also explain Obito's MS activation), but he could not since Kakashi is alive
Nagato's eyes didn't help him to not starve to death. Was it in Madara's plan that in the last moment Konan offers him some food? Or maybe Madara's rinnegan can see the future, so he did see that Nagato will survive

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-10-17 at 17:31.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote