View Single Post
Old 2012-10-17, 20:44   Link #57
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
Are you going to criticize Homer for writing the Illiad and using love as a factor for war?
No but I'm going to critize you for completely missing the point of the Illiad.
As ronin myael said -and even he overstated it I think- love was no important factor at all in this story but for the love of Achille for Patroclus and that wasn't the kind of love you talk about. The Illiad is all about fate, vanity and honor from men and gods.
But more importantly the point isn"t that you can't use love in fiction, that's stupid. Countless works of fiction have done that successfully realistically or not.
No, the problem is that in this story it is very badly written even taking into account the character's usual oversensitivity.
Although I maintain that brain damage does explain almost everything.

Quote:
Is it THAT hard to believe that he would commit himself to some plan to hypnotize the entire world? I'm surprised he didn't want to just blow up the world, to be honest.
Yes it is, and if you truly believe that the death of your 13 years old unrequited crush would put you on a path to murder tens of thousand strangers, genocide your kin and kill your friends if it was within your power then you might want to think about consulting a professional. This is not normal.
Obito's personality collapse makes Sasuke look sane in comparison and that's saying something.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote