View Single Post
Old 2012-04-01, 03:40   Link #24
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
7/10, it good overall...

The storytelling was good until the story reached its resolution phase (post tape discovery), suspense, mystery horror, all these elements were very well built-up, but IMHO there was too much built-up without an equivalent resolution. The finale turned into a comedy with plotholes, ridiculous twists and an underwhelming "another"... still it was fun to watch, but not for its intended purpose

Visuals... well, the character designs took some time to get used to (those homongous heads ), backgrounds, as well as foreground static art was pretty good though, but that's nothing new for the studio, it has quality in this department (unfortunately it picks crappy to mediocre material ), Animation... dunno, not my main interest, but didn't notice anything horrendous as in KyoAni's TV shows or smaller studios that lack resources.

Audio, BGM was extremely good, ED was boring, VAs fitting, and since I love Ali Project, I shouldn't judge the excellent OP

Overall, there are two things I will remember from the show... The superb nightmare midway into the show, and the beach episode. The show should have tried something else for its resolution, up to the nonsense of the school trip it was really good