View Single Post
Old 2007-10-26, 21:19   Link #1
Mad Dog
Banned

Lucky Star - Licensed!

Kadokawa Pictures USA and Bandai Entertainment have licensed Lucky Star.

Words from monir: Since Mad Dog had no other information other than the above statement, I had to look it up in the website for Kadokawa Pictures USA for confirmation purpose. Lucky Star is indeed listed under the Animation section, at the bottom of the page.

Edit: As Relentless says in the thread:
Guys, this is exactly the same thing as I said about Mamoru-kun. Lucky Star is NOT licensed (at least, not according to AnimeSuki's rules). Kadokawa is not an "anime licensor", they are a branch of Kadokawa Japan. They do not distribute anime, but represent the rights to their shows in the U.S. Shows listed on their website are available for licensing by U.S. distributors, sort of like Enoki Films USA. Until a show has a distributor, that means they haven't announced any plans to actually release the product in the U.S. So, since there no announced plans for distribution in R1, it shouldn't be considered licensed. Not to mention, this is remarkably old news -- it's been on their website for nearly a month now, IIRC.
Edit 2: The thread is now reopened after getting new information from khryoleoz in this post:
Hey guys. LUCKY STAR IS INDEED LICENSED, in the exact same way as Haruhi. I was just watching the vol 4 extras of tMoHS, and there is a clip of the Lucky Star episode that spoofed Haruhi. At the end of the clip was a message saying Lucky Star Coming Soon From Kadokawa USA and Bandai Entertainment Inc.. Lucky Star IS LICENSED after all.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 2007-10-30 at 13:24.