View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 12:35   Link #75
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
Next episode "Far East Battle Lines" looks to be promising. Perhaps most of the main characters will die in joyfully horrible ways (especially the annoying ones) and we'll get back to the bugs eating faces part of this series that is/was? so wonderful.

(5/10) I already feel the stitches of universe unraveling with me giving it such a high score. I dare go no higher.
I read through your post and I had mostly the same complaints about the last two episodes. IMO the reason why they green-lit it is because they knew that given their demographic, they could get away with it. Frankly, they had the choice of either finding a clever, well-conceived way of providing some sexually-tense scenes and development of Cryska's background, or going the easy route of "BEACH ARC FTW". They chose the easy route, military code and realism be 100% damned, because they knew that most people would keep watching it nevertheless.
Then again, from the start you see that this is a fanservice-focused anime, judging from "dem bodysuits" alone, and we can't expect too much from it.

I really hope they are trying to copy Evangelion in having a few light-hearted, "typical anime" episodes at first to contrast with the future downward spiral into death and destruction. If it takes a beach arc to do that, I'll turn a blind eye.

PS: Chobi needs to die. No use for her type on the battlefield.

EDIT: Also, I totally called the Scarlet Twins' aversion to the ocean, just forgot to say it last time.