View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 01:10   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm a completist after all.

Seriously, it couldn't happen!

The day came that I finally stepped into this ghost thread, that opened almost five years ago, and which no one else bothered to leave a single post.

As of today, I began to watch Yes! Pretty Cure 5 sequel, Yes! Pretty Cure 5 GOGO.

This is the last Pretty Cure title left behind from the first seven shows that I restricted myself from ever starting, because first I wanted to conclude Yes! Pretty Cure 5; this same circumstance happened to me over six years ago when I finally got the chance to start Futari Wa Pretty Cure Max Heart but only after being done with Futari Wa Pretty Cure, classic and first series in the franchise.

Just like happened to the protagonists in Max Heart, for GOGO Nozomi and friends got new power-up: items, upgrades, and all brand-new, Pretty Cure uniforms.

The heading at the top of this post says it all. I became a completist after all desiring to finish all pending Pretty Cure series from the past before moving on with the more recent ones that aired after HeartCatch.

The reason why I chose to follow GOGO revolved around two characters of my particular interest:
1) Syrup, who like Coco and Nuts, is a magical character (a duck-sparrow) capable of transforming into the shape of a boy in his middle teens. Moreover, my interest in Syrup is more particular than the rest of all characters combined because he is voiced, nonetheless, by Paku Romi.

2) Milky Rose is the brand-new Pretty Cure debuting in YPC5's sequel and who will appear later in an earlier episode. Her introduction increases the overall team of Cures from five to six.

Now, onto the bad news.
The bad news is that I will have to endure another round of Nozomi's sugary but moronic naivety along with Coco's unbearable "Co-Co" sound and voice in his mascot form.

However, the good news is that both CureCom and Doremi have been releasing subs during the time lapse I was waiting for sub releases plus finishing the last batch of episodes to Yes! Pretty Cure 5 from Zalis.
That means that unlike YPC5 it won't take both that very long and that long for me to be over with this sequel.

This particular Pretty Cure series to me leaves a curiosity note, that's because this is the very first Pretty Cure show that I began very long after it's original datetime broadcast ended in Japan; I started the other six series when they were still getting broadcasted in Japan.

Since, this thread remained absolutely desolate and inactive the day it was opened, then I'll come to it to leave only three and just three posts.

This one is the first one which I left my impressions for the start of this series.
For my second post I will leave a review and synopsis for the film which got released during the time GOGO was airing.

Then, in my final post I'll leave my comments for this show's last episode and conclusions about what will be my feelings overall towards this series once I get to finale.

Just a comment to the MODS: since subs have already been released a time ago, and this show ended almost four years ago, then it would be safe to move this thread to the Older Series section.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote