View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 19:25   Link #20
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
lol you think a 5870 can run everything at 1080p with maxed AA, AS, and all other bells and whistles? I want some of what you're smoking.

Ya'll have really low standards.

Anyway I was arguing Sugetsu's point that a $600 PC can run all games that exist at 1080p with maximum graphics settings, which is totally false--there are lots of games (Metro 2033, Black Ops 2, Crysis, FC3, FEAR 2, for examples) that'll just choke and die if you attempted such a thing.

Yeah, you can build a $600 PC that'd be equivalent or slightly better than a console, but why, when a console is equivalent for less than half the price? And you don't have to worry about building it, or dealing with driver conflicts or OS issues. You don't have viruses to worry about. It's an easy, simple, brain-dead appliance that all you have to do is turn it on and play.

Maybe if every gamer knew enough about computers, PC gaming would be stronger than it is now, but most don't and don't care. Hell, even half the PC gamers I know don't have a clue how to build a PC from parts--three of them hired me to build their machines, and the other two know just enough to be dangerous.