View Single Post
Old 2013-10-25, 18:49   Link #18
pisceanreve

This is actually really interesting because I tend to love those characters too (though you mentioned wanting them to have a sadistic nature but none of the characters you listed were sadistic?) yet I never got too attached to the ones you listed. For example, I got attached against my will to Sasuke XDD
Although I must say that while Homura is misunderstood, I don't find her to be an anti-hero.
Spoiler for madoka magica spoilers:

As for Itachi,
Spoiler for naruto spoilers:

As for Kikyo,
Spoiler for inuyasha spoilers:

OMG sorry for rambling!!!
Okay, suggestions!! Basically, you don't exactly want anti-heroes, but furtive characters whose motives are, unbeknowst to most, are pure.

Have you watched "Avatar the Last Airbender" yet, by the way?
It's not quite how you described, but I think you'll love Zuko, especially in the middle, you'll see a huge inner conflict. And the show itself is amazing.

Also, you might be interested in Kida Masaomi and Celty (<--female) (like this in the beginning I would say?) in the anime "Durarara"

And a lot might disagree, but despite it being a shoujo and somewhat slice-of-life with the one fantasy element, "Fruits Basket" has A LOT of these characters male and female

I'm not sure if that'll have exactly what you're looking for, but those are a few of my favourites and contain characters that I believe fit what you're looking for.
pisceanreve is offline   Reply With Quote