View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 22:21   Link #188
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Ok havn't seen both in quite a while so hopefully I havn't forgotten too much (though honestly,I've been trying to forget they exist )

In NES2 &3 the protagonist has unlimited number of wishes and wishes were "free" there was nothing to pay back.

That's definatly not the case here,you've got 1wish and it pretty much comes at the price of turning your life into hell.

So even if not told outright the reason to not make a wish,the audience knowing about the price to pay for such a wish can make a reasonable guess,that was not the case with NES2 &3.
Yay! Someone remembered it! You're right about unlimited wishes, but there was a cost in the second one. And we're still left with the "obvious wish which can resolve everything, but the protagonist never addresses it, and no one else does either" aspect. Such as wishing that witches can no longer exist in our world or something.

The girls are probably too depressed to ask much, but they should soon. And at least I hope Madoka doesn't become a female Shinji "Despair is my anti-drug!" Ikari.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote