View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 19:25   Link #207
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDingus View Post
As far as being sloppy, I think I heard Kotomi call Kyou "Tomoyo" in episode 10. Can anybody else confirm I wasn't hearing things?
Unfortunately, yes. The dub is generally of really good quality; I like the voices, they're well-acted almost all of the time, but it seems every week there is what I've taken to calling the Clannad Dub Headdesk of the Week. That line was by far the biggest flub of the entire dub, despite actually being really well delivered (really liking Emily Neves' Kotomi) and almost certainly the fault of the script writer.

It feels like they did the whole thing on one take, leading to occasional stilted lines, odd inconsistencies, and flat out face plants. In episode two, for instance, Luci Christian, who has by and far done a perfect job with Nagisa, just fell on her face with one of the 'ehehe's Nagisa's so well known for. She's done well with them before and since, to the degree that I can just see a look of horror on her face when they took that take. Like they couldn't afford retakes because studio time was so compacted. It's really quite a shame because it's generally well done, but these issues, and I know a lot of them are nitpicks (but I love this series too much to not nitpick), keep it from being great.