Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 19:11   Link #3286
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'm not trying to rip the show apart, and for me to be overtly negative towards anything at all is difficult. It's just a combination of the discussion in this thread and the way the show is presenting itself (plus several weeks of holding back) that caused me to get this debate out and just as you don't want to be angry at me, I don't want to be angry at any of you, either. It's simply a case of two very different viewpoints of what people want out of anime.

I'm sorry if I've caused anyone trouble. I stand by what I said, but if any of it came across as rude, then my sincerest apologies. At least, I hope everyone was able to get an interesting debate out of it.
Would you be happier if the show was named PANZERS und girls from the get got? I'm smelling a complain about bait-and-switch. Everyone's viewpoint is valid and everyone started watching this anime expecting different things.

In my case I'm really happy that they put the effort into part of what the show is about: Tanks. I didn't expect much and be baited by the tanks and would end up watching one of hundreds of generic shows trying the same bait-and-switch formula ending up as another cute girls doing cute things. For a 1-cour anime, I think they struck a nice balance as for the development of some of the main characters and the tank action and world setting.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote