Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 19:55   Link #3296
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
They ARE playing. It's a sport.
Yes, I understand that. But even so, it's stressing my suspension of dis-belief. Maybe my kindergarten analogy wasn't good enough. How about, it's like she's taking them to the amusement park to ride the bumper cars? But these aren't bumper cars. They are tanks with real ammunition. While playing in bumper cars, it's pretty hard to get hurt. But in the game they are playing, you could get killed. She just doesn't seem to take it seriously enough. Perhaps it's an adverse reaction from her last battle as a Black Forest member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
My lack of technical knowledge left me wondering where I'd fit in. That is being remedied a bit on these pages, at least.
I doubt your lack of technical knowledge about tanks could have been any greater than mine when this series started. However, after reading over 3,000 posts in this thread, I have learned a great deal about them. I might not remember much after the series ends, but it has been fascinating reading, nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's a lot of luck, but with anyone else as commander, Ooarai would have lost badly every single time.
Can't disagree with this...

Quote:
I think that Miho knows very well that she's in over her head ...
or this...

Quote:
I think that Miho was at her best in that church. She sent out scouts on foot to find out where the Pravda tanks were. And when their morale was in the doldrums, with no food and the cold, she lifted them up with that silly dance. It's one of the main reasons I don't feel bad about Ooarai winning that fight even though Pravada deserved it more.
but she should not have allowed her troops get so miserably depressed in the first place. If anything, she should have performed that silly dance much, much sooner, or at least given them a rousing speech, or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
The thing is Miho shouldn't reject her past anymore than staying static either, in the end reconciling both ends together to make a better whole for the future is best, and Maho and Shiho's understanding is an important element in that.
Gotta agree with this. That rejection of her past is causing her to do a 180° swing, too loose instead of too strict, too lax of a commandant instead of too disciplined. She needs to find her own way out of the forest.

Quote:
As for the tank action, I still like it despite certain unbelievable elements (such as ignoring impacts that would cause outright significantly serious concussive injuries if it happened in reality, carbon lining or not).
Same here! If it wasn't for the great tank action, I most likely would have dropped the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It depends. We know that they're using special rounds which most likely would not have as much force as regular military rounds.
Although that is true, it doesn't lessen the fact that they are getting very jostled around, and landing upside down doesn't look like all that much fun. They can't all be getting out of those tanks after each battle as fresh as daisies with no battle damage, whatsoever.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote