View Single Post
Old 2009-01-27, 21:06   Link #27
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Thanks for the information, ShimatheKat. It turns out we were agreeing more than arguing, so no problem.
As I said, I'm only picking up ground sentiments. I'm more familiar with the corporate side of things, having counseled people previously from the market. Not too sure on ground sentiment, however, especially outside Japan.

Quote:
I thought Haruhi had a much wider audience than otakus, which could explain the popularity.
It's only recently that I realized, but Singapore and otakus have something in common: LARGE RESERVES of money [that might have otherwise been used on dates and girls.] Which MIGHT explain why it looks so popular. Who said otakus didn't have money, they are the ones that make popular series popular.

Quote:
I had a female teenage friend who only watched a few anime like Cowboy Bebop, Fruits Basket, Cardcaptor Sakura and Evangelion. She loves shoujo anime the most. I introduced some anime to her and widened her anime frontiers. She almost fell asleep watching Kanon but loved Haruhi Suzumiya.
I fell asleep watching Kanon too. Try giving her Tsubasa:: Resevoir Chronicles. Just keep Tokyo Revelations from her..

Quote:
I'm not trying to argue, don't take it like that, just raising a point. Haruhi simply grabs one's attention more than Key, often regardless of one's favorite genres.
True, but it's always the otakus that spend copious amounts on a series, no?

Quote:
Not to nit-pick too much, I do hope you mean Tomoyo After instead of Rewrite. We don't know how large Rewrite will be but it'll probably be between the length of Air and Little Busters. With (at least) three heroines, I can't see it being so short it can be covered by an OVA.
I heard it was very short... but if what you say is true, then maybe. I personally don't know whether Kyoani will even do Tomoyo, since they've been in CLANNAD territory for 1 year + now.

Quote:
Cheers. ^________^
I'll bring the sake.