View Single Post
Old 2010-08-18, 15:24   Link #316
Heiwatsuki

OMG, i am dieing to watch this XD. Hope a better quality one comes out soon. And what does GAR Mean? judging from your responses to watching some parts of the movie, it was godly right? XD. btw. you guys up there are really really smart.. i am barely understanding what you guys are saying.
but.. my view of time in terms of reality is.. Time travel is impossible. What is time? mikuru explained that time is like a moving picture and that theres frames and ect. But in reality time is part of existance itself. Time is the continuation of experience. Not something that can be reminded. That would be like destroying reality and creating a new reality that is similar to the past. Also i do know that you are talking in a view where time travel can be possible, aka fiction. Many peoples views of traveling to the past is different. EX: 1 view may say you can travel to the past and even see yourself when your younger. In the movie The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, the authors view on time traveling was in the movie, the movies view was of rewinding time. he/she thought time travel was impossible but you could rewind time. So in other words rewind instead of traveling. When i say rewind, i mean make time go backwards so that time is what it was before and that also means wherever you were when you time traveled, You are no longer in the same place you designated to rewind to, but you are where you stood in the future. But nobodies perception of time is wrong. Everything everyone have said are theories based on the belief that ''if'' time travel WAS real. Heres my point of view on that matter. as you know in fiction anything can happen. Imagine the world, but time travel exists in that world. In my opinion, i also believe in the metaphor about the snail and the tail. Logically speaking, it cant happen and closed loops in my opinion cannot be possible(right now im not sure on the definition of closed loop, i think that its a two time settings where they in a sense, meet together like the snake trying to swallow the tail?. Anyway in anime, they change laws of physics and and they add their own personal beliefs. The traveling into the past and being able to see yourself is a commonly used setting and belief in the cartoon industry. And i also believe that its not possible for the effect to go to the cause. this is in the view that time isnt a timeline or stream. this view is referring to time as a Whole and not a stream, Like a circle, Going to the past and being able to chat to yourself would be possible if you were to think time as a timeline, since you came from the future, and your past self didnt go into the past yet, you would still exist because your past didnt go yet. But if time wasent some timeline or steam, and there was no past present or future, and its just one Existance, Then the effect couldnt happen before the cause. Or in other words, You couldnt time travel in the first place, only rewind time. Also looking at time from a even more realistic view. Traveling to the future or your future self traveling to the past cannot be possible cause the future doesnt exist. The future never will exist since you will always be in the present, every step you get closer to the future and at the same time the future goes 1 step away from you. But this view is my view on reality. in reality and not fiction, i dont think theres a timeline so its impossible for the possibility of time travel. And trying to go to the past from the present is the same. And yes, i did state that anything is possible by changing the laws of the universe somewhere earlier in this long long long article.

Last edited by Heiwatsuki; 2010-08-18 at 16:02.