View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 01:44   Link #3275
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Wouldn't having both Kagura and Zessica as "major minor characters" kinda redundant though? IMO one of them is more than enough to create obstacles for Mikono/Amata. Now we have the main relationship stagnant in ep 17, Zessica confessed and then got rejected by Amata and Kagura who I think has less chance than Zessica. It's weird that the plot only gets intense this late into the series and the final result will probably be Mikono/Amata because it's too late for other characters.

And for a main female lead (Mikono) the writers sure make her unlikeable. I wonder why. If Ano natsu can have two interesting love interests in Kanna and Ichika why can't Aquarion do the same? I like Mikono but Okada is making her too indecisive and passive for my liking. Amata really needs to be more straightforward soon. Perhaps he should meet his mother.
The relationship looks borderline abusive at this point. Instead of being happy with Mikono, most of the time Amata looks like a beaten puppy.
Episode 3, he couldn't gattai because he was being miserable because of her.
Episode 7, he almost lose to Jin because he was being miserable because of her.
Episode 13, 15, 17 was feeling miserable because of her.

It's rare it's actually shown in a positive light.

Not that everything has to be blamed on Mikono in my own opinion. Amata seems to put her on some sort of pedestal which prevents him from being confrontational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
The problem, all in all, is Kagura and how he's used in the story. He's never addressed completely, and every time he appears he causes Amata and Mikono to backpedal because neither of them opens their mouth to speak. Worse off, is that Okada (since she's the one who's written every one of those episodes, iirc) has used every second available to make Kagura and Mikono's bond honestly look like something of a disadvantaged protagonist (as Triple_R and I talked about earlier). What else are we meant to think when (on average) five episodes of Amata and Mikono are wound back by (on average) five minutes of Kagura and Mikono.

Spoiler for Genesis reference for sake of comparison:
That's exactly the kind of relationship I was thinking of when I was writting about 'I hate you at first ' relationships.

At first, seeing Amata and Mikono bonding so strongly from day one, I though they would use Kagura actually kidnapping Mikono for more than one episodes to avoid the stagnation and repetetiveness and their going nowhare despite having nothing in their way, and test their commitment. But it never happened.

I'm astounded that confirmed writters could end up doing such blatant mistakes. I'm not even speaking of that awkward 'fight destiny' theme.

That's why I'm one to still hope in some sort of bait and switch counting on troll Kagura (maybe with the help of troll Mikage). He's the one getting cockblock by Amata not the other way around. It is his love story !! Believe it !

Well that's why I want to believe because the writting is more satisfying this way.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-23 at 02:15.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote