View Single Post
Old 2008-11-08, 03:04   Link #122
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Speaking of not touching the subject...

After this chapter, I realized that I mind has been totally corrupted by years of manga, hentai, and all the bishojos....

When I was reading about Handcock sister's past about how terrible their live as slaves are, all I can think of is how they are been treated by Tenryubito as sex slaves, and the shot where it show the sisters fleeing only cements my imagination. Not to mention Carlos made it clear he has female slaves for his personal pleasure..... -_-
Ya, i think we get enough out of our own assumptions on what they Boa and her sisters might have been subjected too... i don't think we really need Oda to outright SAY that's what happened... though 100 to 1 says that if Oda went into details he would focus more on physical abuse; that's something we saw with Robin on enies lobby and the implications we got from charlos when he wanted to throw Camie in a fishtank with piranhas

Writers can touch these subjects if they want... but sometimes its just a better idea to just not to
Quote:
Anyway, after reading the chapter, I was wondering if anyone think the shadow shot of Fisher Tiger from the side in Boa's flashback look kind of similar to Kuma's face feature. Could Kuma actually turns out to be Fisher Tiger?
funny thing is, when i saw Fisher Tiger's face i couldn't help but feel like i had seen the face before... not sure when, but it just seemed familiar somehow; a similar design to another character like Kuma perhaps... grant it, the kuma theory doesn't really make sense, since he is not a fishman

Quote:
After all, after this chapter, I'm kind of suprised that there are still Mermen/Mermaid left considering Fisher Tiger ASSAULTED Mariejoa and freed all slaves, There bound to be some Tenryuubito got injured and attacked during the process and considering SH got dealed with in realatively short amount of time and got hit as hard as they had. It only seem natural for WG to go fall out war with Fishermen and send everything they got just for payback..
Well the world gov't knows what they are doing... a war with the fishmen who sit right below Mariejoa would only end badly... i mean the island is like what 10,000 meters below the ocean (and that's when it hit me that Fisher CLIMBED 10,000 meters; guy was a fricken badass); that's how far marine ships would have to travel before they could assault their island... they got an immense defensive position... we don't know how the coating and travel works exactly, but i think the fishmen could tear those ships apart LONG before they reached the island with even the most power of characters having little ability to do anything to fight back due to their position... any devil fruit would be stuck on the ship, and any fighter that can swim will find themselves at a huge disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
I wonder if BOA is going to accompany luffy on this leg of the journey? Luffy can't navigate so.... It wouldn't be that surprising.
Well, unless Boa wants to give Luffy the ONLY ship on amazon Lily, she will pretty much HAVE to go with him... she's giving him a ride, not a ship