View Single Post
Old 2010-05-29, 09:38   Link #52
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
This is to me a fine example to what our society has turned into. Children are no longer seen as children but as mini adults nowadays

When I was in my first year of highschool and I graduated 4 years ago, it wasn't like this. In fact when I was in my final year which was in 2006 there were first graders who wore nothing but short cut jeans that were cut all the way up to their hip and strap tops that ended right below their breasts.

Now did anyone pay attention to TV in those days and how things escalated to all this? It started with artists showing that instead of children they were grown ups too, take a look at Justing Timberlake who still did it classy, Britney Spears and Christina who turned up the hot momma readings by wearing skimpy clothing and doing one thing and on things only in nearly all their video's: make out with men, moan/groan with the music and dance as if there were a stripper pole right next to them.

It escalated since then, back then the first people did it and they had success and even though for them it was temporary: Justin now wears suits and is a gentleman kind of person, Christina turned old time Hollywood classic and Britney was hardly ever heard from again. We got the Pussycat Dolls who took this all to a more casual level, it wasn't about I'm an artist and I am growing up no it turned into I am man eating, moaning and groaning person that wears sexy outfits and loves the looks they receive from men and I don't care what you say about it because I am not changing, and they don't. They remain like this making it more casual and normal and from their success more artists sprouted out: Beyoncé turned up her hot momma factor but not always that bad but people like Lady Gaga remain on it all the time.

Now you have people taking it up to the next level and that is music like Lady Gaga's: take a ride on my disco stick. We all know what that means, teens these days know what it means and they think it is alright!

Children are being confronted with sexuality a great deal earlier because it has become so casual. In commercials, movies but most importantly music and music videos.

A singer is who they look up to and if nearly half of what is shown on MTV and other music channels wears nothing but skimpy clothing and does nothing else but give signs that making out with people is fun and goes without consequence then they are going to follow that behavior.

I wouldn't mind people wearing a short skirt, but today a short skirt is a shortest skirt. Same with guys wearing low pants however the video's are usually about the girls being sluts and not the guys, no they have to act cool and laid back about it.

The dancing is very good in that video, but the moves are something I would expect from adult dancers. Anyone thinking it is alright should think to themselves why these girls, these children are already being drilled to be adults. Why can't they just be kids for a change.

Why does society now not only force children to become rapid adults and yet at the same time complain about not having control on what people wear etc.
Why can't kids just be kids?

I am also putting into this post:
In Brittain there a pole dancing classes now for 7 year olds
Adding the banned push up bra for 7-8 year olds
http://www.newser.com/story/24527/uk...sh-up-bra.html
And how this year in the news at proms teachers are banning students who wear skimpy clothing

An example of what happened in 2008:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...rom.dress.khou

A custom made dress but would you let your child wear that, seriously sorry but that is a slutty outfit and I think it is a huge warning sign if teens these days think it is fashionable and normal to wear.

Here's another article from the NYPost from this year about the risque prom dresses:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/p...xUMuvj6P6MhgRI

Back then it started with short skirt but modern days it has turned from short to shortest.
And that is what I think of with the dancing vid also, everything is going to extremes and people do not mind and do not notice.
Children are not meant to be children anymore, half their idols want to show off how adult and sexy they are and they want to follow into that because they are their idol.
The days of children playing outside at the age of 12-14 is over, instead the minimum age in my country to have sex has gone down to 10-12, 13 year old kids rob old ladies and they talk as if they are adults and at least 5 times a year stab each other in a stupid argument.