View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 19:30   Link #1234
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
There was never a traumatizing event in Rin past, it was a lie from Kengo, Masato and Kyousuke during Refrain to explain to Riki why Rin was in such a state to begin with.
In refrain Rin still remembered the events at the ending of Rin2 but not clearly, the loop should have wiped her memories but the event traumatized her so much that the loop didn't manage to erase it completely for her, but it did erase Riki's memories of it. So to explain to him why she was in that state they simply told him the traumatizing event she remembered happened when she was a kid.
From what I remember from playing the VN there actually was a traumatizing event in her childhood. I remember during Kyousuke's episode he was thinking to himself about how far he was going, and said he recreated the event that traumatized Rin in order to make her stronger more quickly, but it backfired on him.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote